Monday, October 26, 2009

okay, so... i'm still not quite understanding this whole blogging thing. i want to read other people's blogs, but i a) have no idea how to "search" and b) have no idea how to "friend." i feel very lame right now.

this past weekend, i felt so accomplished and happy with my life. i had a student perform in a casual gig that the school i teach at was putting on. she was nervous, and has always had awful stage fright, but the girl can really sing for a nine year old! she went up there and did a phenomenal job! her parents were thrilled and she came up to me with tears in her eyes just saying "thank you thank you" over and over again. i am still so utterly shocked at what an amazing feeling it is to really help someone and feel as though you are affecting their life in a positive way.

it made me think about the people in my life. it's so interesting- i had a rough morning today and was physically upset, and one of my peers came up and just held my hand. it's almost like she was channeling a positive energy to me, and it made me realize how one person can change how i feel and who i am overall. i am so grateful for the people in my life. i want to have the strength and courage to thank them for inspiring me, just as my student did.

No comments:

Post a Comment